Users are not able to update mailbox delegates through outlook.
Error Message: -
When user trying to update/delete delegates from outlook they will get error message as
“The Delegates settings were not saved correctly. Cannot activate send-on-behalf-of list.
You do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object”
Error Statement: -
When you use Microsoft Outlook to add or remove delegates which will grand send-on-behalf-of permission to those mailboxes. If you’re local system is not connecting Local Global Catalog server and it’s connecting to remote Global Catalog server, which will not write publicDelegates attribute of your user object in Active Directory.
The SELF object does not have the Write Personal Information right on your Active Directory user object.
1. Check user have self-access permission assigned in mailbox.
2. Check whether you have any AD related issues.
3. Modify the registry on HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\x.0\Outlook\Preferences
After you select the subkey that is specified in New on the Edit menu, and then click DWORD Value.
Type IgnoreSOBError, and then press Enter.
Right-click IgnoreSOBError, and then click Modify.
In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
On the File menu, click Exit to exit Registry Editor.
4. Go to AD user properties attributes Tab and find publicDelegates attributes and remove/add required details and OK.
5. It will take 15 minutes to update. After replication check the user delegates Tab.