Last week I have worked with one escalated Live Meeting ticket which makes me more interest because I didn’t came across such issues. So I thought to share the document with you guys for future reference.
Issue: - Live Meeting is not working on Windows XP Machine.
Error Message: -
While user trying to connect/Join the Live Meeting using outlook/Web they couldn’t join due to certificate issue.
Issue Statement: -
This issue occurs because the computer that is hosting the Microsoft Office Live Meeting 2007 attendee does not have the correct certificate in the Trusted Root Certification Authorities store. This certificate must be signed by the same certification authority that provides the Web server and the certificate to the server that is running Microsoft Office Communications Server Standard Edition or to the Microsoft Office Communications Server Enterprise Edition pool. But in our scenario Live Meeting hosted on Microsoft Data Center which is holding all level of certificates.
I curious to know why user getting Certificate issue “An error occurred verifying the server's certificate. For more information, please contact the server administrator.”?
To understand more and isolate the issue, I have swapped user to different system for testing and user confirmed it’s working fine without any issues.
Then I make a decision something wrong on user system which is causing the issue, Just recalled Microsoft Certificate Revocation list mechanism, Every release of Windows OS they building all their local and Root Certificates on the Trusted Root Certificate authorities for secure communications. Further to confirm I have validated Microsoft Current Chain Certificate and Root Certificate on the user machine and working machine (See Below screenshot which is one certificate as been missed).
User Machine Settings: -
Working Machine Settings: -
I have exported missed Microsoft Chain Certificate from Working machine to user machine and followed below steps to resolve the issue,
To resolve this issue, follow these two methods steps:
Updating Certificate through Internet Explorer: -
- To obtain the correct certificate from the same certification authority that provides the Web server and the certificate to the Windows XP machine Open Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
- Click the Content tab, and then click Certificates.
- Click Import, and then complete the Certificate Import Wizard. Provide the location of the certificate file.
Updating Certificate through Certificate Authorities Snap-in: -
- To obtain the correct certificate from the same certification authority that provides the Web server and the certificate to the Windows XP machine Open Microsoft Management Console (mmc command).
2. Select File and followed by Add/Remove Snap-in.
3. Click Add and Select Certificates chose Computer account followed by the screen.
4. Expand the Certificate containers and select Trusted Root Certification Navigate to Certificate Folder and Right Click Select All Tasks, Import select the Exported Certificate from machine and Click OK.
Note: You might receive warning message since we are importing into Trusted Root Certificate, Select Yes.
Once we imported the Root Chain Certificate user not able to access/Join the Live Meeting without any issues.